Each week we encourage you to take one meal and Eat, Play, Pray as a family. You pick the day and time that works best for you. Eat, Play, Pray can be done as a solo adventure or you can invite another family over for added fun. As you explore this week's topic, first watch the teaching video above. Then use the prompts to help you lead your family in discussion.
EATWacky eats - This week, serve up an old-fashioned meal of comfort food! The person who has the cleanest bedroom gets to pick their favorite comfort meal.
Eating up God's Word - "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4 (ESV)
1) How are you feeling right now? Has there ever been a time when you didn’t feel safe to share your feelings, so you wore a “mask” over them?
2) Can you talk about a time you were able to talk about your feelings and it blessed you to share them?
3) What is one thing you will be so glad NOT to have in Heaven and the New Earth?
A fun game for this week would be to play Face the Cookie. Here’s how you play. Everyone gets a cookie. Oreos work best. Tilt your head back and place the cookie on your forehead. Then work the cookie down your face, without touching it, and into your mouth! If it falls, put it back on your forehead and try again. Each family member gets one minute to get the cookie in their mouth. At the end, you get to eat your cookie! After you’re done laughing and eating your cookie, let the person with a birthday closest to October choose another family game to play. Have fun!
PRAY• Begin: praise God for His kindness, mercy, and forgiveness. Praise Jesus as our Great Comforter.
• Thank God for His Holy Spirit that shows us that we are to mourn for our sins, and Who reminds us of Jesus’ forgiveness.
• Confess: Tell God you’re sorry for things you’ve done that make God sad.
• Pray this prayer in unison together: Loving God, we thank you for giving us Jesus to die for my sins. We pray for the evil things in our world today. We ask that we would be gracious to others and that they would turn to you. We know you mourn for what is happening in the world today and we pray that you would bring comfort to your people. In Jesus’ Name we pray - AMEN
Click here to check out videos on our YouTube channel, LCC Family Ministry.
September 15, 2020