Lighthouse partners with a local school to share God's love in practical and tangible ways. We do this through expressions of service to the teachers, students, and parents. Lighthouse currently sponsors the Good News Club, an afterschool club, at Fruitland Elementary. We are impacting the lives of over 100 students, many of whom do not know Jesus.
Our next step is to adopt the whole school. This partnership could include helping with maintenance and grounds, painting, tutoring, adopting and providing support for a teacher for a year...the possibilities are plenty!
Points of connection for Lighthouse and how to get involved:
• volunteer to teach and serve at Good News Club
• donate backpacks and school supplies based on the needs of the classrooms
• sign up to help in a classroom
• help out with special school events
• provide food for kids who do not have lunches
• give gift cards for school counselors to distribute to families in need
• offer your time for tutoring
• be a Good Samaritan Reader
• participate in Teacher Appreciation