Lighthouse is partnering with Strong Marriages to bring you a workshop on creating, or adding to your existing premarital ministry and offering training on the I Promise premarital curriculum and the Connect Assessment. This event is for pastors and marriage ministry leaders. All staff at LCC are encouraged to attend. Pastors and leaders from area churches are also invited.
What is I Promise?
Dewey and Lynne Wilson (bio below) created I Promise based on their own marriage experience. I Promise is a biblically based 6-8 week premarital curriculum designed to help couples intentionally prepare for, not just their wedding day, but for their marriage as well. The hope is that couples connect deeply with God through Christ, the single most important relationship. Then through God's love, they view and love each other.
Covered in the training:
• The reason for premarital ministry
• How to utilize lay couples in this ministry
• Using I Promise curriculum to help couples lay a strong foundation for their marriage
• Challenges of ministering to a variety of different stages of life in the context of marriage
• pastoral/facilitator information available on the I Promise website
• Utilizing the Connect Assessment within the I Promise curriculum
Friday, May 31, 2019
10:00am-2:00pm in Room 321 (Building 2)
Lunch will be served